Watch Meetings on the Government Page for Each Council Meeting
We are here to help you launch or expand your business and provide support to homeowners and developers to get work done. Please also check out our Facade Grant program below.
Tappahannock is an opportunity zone. Taxpayers can get capital gains tax deferral for making timely equity investments in Opportunity funds that then deploy capital into Opportunity Zone business and real estate ventures. This is an economic and community development tax incentive that provides an avenue for investors to support distressed communities to address areas of the Commonwealth that have experienced uneven economic growth and recovery. The tax incentive offers three benefits; tax deferral, tax reduction through long-term investment, and exclusion of certain capital gains tax.
Say something interesting about your business here.
What's something exciting your business offers? Say it here.
Learn about our water, sewer, and trash rates
For question you have about which forms you need please contact Patsy Scates at 804-443-3336 or email@example.com .
1. Download or pick up at our office a copy of the Zoning Permit
2. Depending on the project fill out permit as needed.
a. New structure or existing building
b. Accessory building (shed, garage etc.…)
c. Development – i.e. subdivision, minor site or major site plan
d. Permissible use
e. Sign permit
3. Depending on the project all permits should be accompanied with site plans ,drawings, plats, dimensions and all information necessary to determine compliance
4. Submit completed zoning permit accompanied with plans for review to the Tappahannock Town office
5. The Zoning Administrative Office has 90 days to review permit and plans.
For question you have about which forms you need please contact Frank Sanders at 804-443-3336 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
historic overlay ordinance (pdf)Download
Erosion and sediment control ordinance (pdf)Download
Erosion procedures for plan submission and review on site-inspection (pdf)Download
Zoning Ordinance - (pdf) (pdf)Download